Text content taken from times of India.
So you’re the closer to the ground than the rest of them and everything you buy has to be altered and hemmed before you can wear it without looking weird. Well, here are some doable tips you can use on your next shopping trip.
1) Vertical stripes are your best friends: Just like horizontal stripes make you look fat, vertical ones can make you look taller. While thin stripes are better, thick ones when worn well work just as well.
2) Avoid calf length anything: From calf length boots to skirts and even cropped pants, calf length clothes and accessories are simply a no-no for girls with shorter frames because they tend to make you look stocky and rotund.
3) Steer clear of ankle straps: Again, by the same logic ankle straps also tend to make you look shorter and stockier and do your petite frame more harm than good. If you like strappy sandals, say hello to heels.
4) Oversized bags are a no-no: You may love those roomy big bags but they will only hide you from the world behind their bulkiness. So unless you’re planning on using a bag as a camouflage or a disguise, choose a bag that suits your size.
5) Don’t wear a shirt dress: These maybe comfortable but they are the least flattering outfit for your body type. Shirt dresses owing to their lack of distinguished and sharp silhouettes tend to give you a square shaped look, which you obviously aren’t looking for.
6) Wear deeper necklines: A deep V neckline can elongate your frame and make you look taller. However, for short busty women this could pose as a problem too.
7) Don’t shy away from maxis: If you like wearing maxis, go right ahead and wear them. Just make sure than they are the right fight. Maxis than narrow down at the bottom are the best kinds for a short frame.
Miss chick Design N Style Addiction Central
Posted from WordPress for Android